Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Speaking of Indian Deities

So, huh, how come our ancestors switched to Christianity? I mean, boooooring. Look at these Surya and Agni characters.


That's Surya.

Ok, that was nothing, check THIS out!




WHOA!

So many questions come to mind. Ok, just two (2) Those who thought of this, what were they on? Where can I get some? Although listening to Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore by The Mars Volta seems to be giving me the answers. Check out the title of that song!

Oh, and here's Agni



And yes, I am being a loser. Christianity Rocks! Monotheistic, yet still has space for three Gods and untold numbers of Saints aka Demi-Gods. Think about that and stay rational!

7 comments:

Karl Hungus said...

Nothing like a naked chick in a lotus.

Barbarosa said...

Nothing!

Jobless in January said...

hey check out that 2nd one... are those dude colonizers or what!?! are you studying tantra? did you know that Agni is the the third eye chakra, and surya means sun and are you studying tantra? cos that is an tantra image with the colonizers...

Jobless in January said...

oh and by the way you should check our references cos the first picture is from the Bagavad Gita,not a tantric text...

Barbarosa said...

Well, when I was in India, I went to a Krishna temple in B'lore and I bought the Bagavad Gita, or an introduction to it. I stopped after a few pages. Not because I did not like but because, well I forget why. Anyways, all that to say I am not studying tantra. Nor Bagavad Gita. I am going to go study the inside of my eyelids now.

Barbarosa said...

But yeah, they totally look like Persian or Afghan colonizers

Dementor said...

enough of this 3rd world bullshit.
I'm trying to digest my cheeseburgers.