Thursday, October 12, 2006

Qui m'a touché la citrouille?


Due to my current work related lifestyle, I find myself

at the threshold of a permanent vegetative state.
The goal of this post is to drag you all down with
me by telling you a little office story. First off,
I would like to express my disapointment of having
been taught to "think outside the box" because apparently,
having your head in a box is now sexy. But enough box
talk, here's the story. I have currently been obliged to
display a plush pumpkin and a plastic skull on top of my
computer screen box thus making me forget that my non-box
yet fairly cubic head is in a box, within a bigger box
within a town full of boxes. I make it a point to put
them upside down for a fading glimmer of mischievous
satisfaction. But lo and behold, they appear to me upright
every morning!?
Many theories abound each more disturbing than the previous.
But the most disturbing aspect is, why should this be
important? No matter, I make it a point to interrogate
everyone around me. I even left a "Who are you?" Postit
note on my screen box tonight. Hopefully, the pumpkin and
skull fairy will have left me her name, and perhaps her
coordinates.

By the by, if anyone accuses me of overly recycling box
humour, know that I've been eagerly making box jokes since
1998. So don't expect to hear the end of it anytime soon.

2 comments:

Barbarosa said...

Box type 1! Long live the box. Surrender to the boxy reality, discussed and savoured since 1998.

Barbarosa said...

I just noticed how hilarious that pumpkin you chose is. beautiful