Friday, October 20, 2006

What Is Wrong With The World Today


Well, that about does it. I've had it up to here ' with these corporate f***ers destroying everything I hold dear. As some of you may know, I do volunteer work teaching the 2 R's: Readin' n' 'Riting. I just found out that two of our sponsors are Scrabble and Chapters! I could not contain my disgust at this obvious conflict of interest. They're only giving us books, scrabble boards and money because they want to create more addicts. Reading addicts. That's not even the worst part. It is scientifically proven that reading is a gateway drug. And we all know what readers go on to do: shop at Chapters. Yeah, and you know where this is going, what are they most likely to end up falling into? Buying Scrabble game sets! This leads inevitably to, shudder, Scrabble playing.

Is nothing sacred anymore? Have people forgotten how to give for the sake of giving? When the truth hits the rest of society, will my CV be diminished? I mean, what's the point of doing this volunteering crap if I can't put it on my CV?

No comments: