Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Future!

There is at least one good thing about the impending death of our collective lifestyle. No, it's not the irony that our destructive behaviour is causing the end of our destructive behaviour.

Nor is it that our destructive behaviour has brought us war.
And that with the end of mass consumption we might avoid conflict. Perhaps my history is a little foggy, but last I checked, war was in abundant supply prior to the industrial revolution.


And it isn't that we'll be treated to beautiful landscapes either.


At least good thing about the future is that we'll be able to tell our grandchildren, if we get that far, that ''In my day, life was so good, I got to walk to school downhill, both ways!''

5 comments:

Dementor said...

I dont get it.

Barbarosa said...

You see, stereotypical grand-parents always talk about how we have it so easy and they had it so tough. The problem is that some of them exagerate a little and say things like: ''In my day, I had to walk to school 3.5 miles, in 1.5 foot snow, uphill, both ways!''

The exageration is immediatly evident in the walking uphill both ways, which is pretty much impossible.

So my post is an homage to that.

Hahaha!

Master of the Craw said...

It's not impossible. It's just that back in the day to world was more Escher-like.

Also, was anybody else really hoping that was a river of tomato soup?
I need to make an Al-Taib run.

Dementor said...

I still dont get it.
And Dildo, could you grab me a Lahmebadjin on the way please. And make it all dress.
Of course with garlic sauce.

And make that two lahmebadjin.

Master of the Craw said...

I had bought you 2 of them but then I ate them. and your garlic sauce. And your pride.