Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Art of Qualifying Music


It's time.

I've been meaning to come back with another Best Albums list again. For those in the lurch, please refer to some group email I sent a few years ago. Also for those in the lurch, do you really need to be put in context for a Best Albums list? Please.

Anyways, here's a top 9 best albums of my life, not limited to my lifespan, just what I know. No order. Subject to change.

Jimi Hendrix: Blues (Listening to it as I write these nectarous pixelated words)
Lagwagon: Blaze
Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral
NOFX: White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean
Rolling Stones: Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (Purist, fuck off, this is MY list)
Gza: Liquid Swords (Listening to this now)
Bob Marley: Legend
Sagacité: Abuzive Muzik (Seriously, it's bloody good!)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning (Most difficult band for which to chose a best abum)

Those of you who know these albums, love them.

1 comment:

Napoleon Bonerpants said...

10-4...and good call on The Downward Spiral. That album was 20 years before its time and unfortunately, as a consequence, spawned 10 years of awkward clone music.