Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Speaking of Weather

Nearing the end of the middle of winter as we are now, my attention turns to an occurence which I find quite frustrating. I have no problem with winter, but the ups and downs get to me. This week is a pretty good example.



If we were going to have a normal winter's week, -13C would not even be noteworthy. However, because it is immediately preceded by a day of 5C and 8C, -13C is gonna be pretty painful.

The white line represents the normal temperature for the period, look how far they stray from it!

I think I'm going to write to Météomédia and get them to change their graphs so that the weather does not change quite so dramatically. I mean, imagine if the graph started at -100C and ended at 100C. We would barely even notice the difference between 8C and -13C.

1 comment:

Dementor said...

Global warming?
Its sunmade. Its got nothing to do with human activity. And as a matter of fact, the sunspots frequency is entering a phase of lower activity, meaning temperatures will go down in the next century. So yes, you dont have to panic anymore, isnt it marvelous? Yes it is.
Now go burn some car batteries, they make splendid fireworks.