Saturday, February 21, 2009

Movies

As some of you may already know, I've never been too good at understanding movie plots. I usually get it after the 12th sitting and usually after someone explained it to me. But this time, its just too hard man. Can anyone help me on this one?
You see, I've been watching There will be blood for the 13th time and I still don't get it. How the hell does Daniel Plainview discover that his brother Henry is not who he claims he is?



They're sitting in front of the ocean and then Daniel says something like: "remember that house on the hill? I used to want that house, I wanted to live in it, I wanted to eat in it, I wanted to clean it..." and then Henry goes: "You can have anything you want Daniel, and you should..." and then later on Daniel goes "I'm gonna build me a house around here" and then Henry goes: "Are you gonna make it look like that house you were talking about?" and then Daniel goes:"I think if I saw that house it would make me sick"... and then he freaks out and gets the crazy evil eyes and then he shoots Henry. Whats up with that?!How the hell does he know!?

6 comments:

Barbarosa said...

Plainview set him up.

Plainview: There was that house in Fond Du Lac that John Hollister built- do you remember?
Henry Brands: Mmm.
Plainview: I thought as a boy that was the most beautiful house I'd ever seen and I wanted it. I wanted to live in it, and eat in it and clean it. And even as a boy, I wanted to have children to run around in it.
Henry Brands: You can have anything you like now, Daniel, and you should. Where are you gonna build it?
Plainview: Here, maybe. Near the ocean.
Henry Brands: Would you make it look like that house?
Plainview: I'm sure if I saw that house now it'd make me sick.

Plainview: [Daniel, suspicious of Henry, aims a gun at him] I want you to tell me something.
Henry Brands: What?
Plainview: What's the name of the farm next to the Hill house? What was the name of the farm next to the Hill House?
Henry Brands: I can't remember...
Plainview: Who are you?
Henry Brands: I'll leave Daniel...
Plainview: Who. Are. You?
Henry Brands: I'm no one. Just let me get up and go.
Plainview: Do I have a brother?
Henry Brands: I met a man in King City who said he was your brother. We were friends for months, working in King City... and he wanted to make his way to you, Daniel, we didn't have any money... He died of tuberculosis. He wasn't harmed, wasn't killed, nothing bad, but he told me about you and I just took his story, and used his diary... Daniel, I'm your friend... I'm not trying to hurt you, just survive...
[Daniel fires the gun]

Dementor said...

So, the house doesnt exist?

Or is it one of them haunted house with wagons?

Barbarosa said...

The way I see it, and it's been a while since I saw the movie, but there is no way his real brother would say something as loose and impersonal as ''Would you make it look like that house? '' THAT house is what someone who does not know would say...I'll have to see the movie again.

slapmaster J said...

It's actually when he mentions the Peach Tree dance and sees no reaction from Henry that he becomes suspicious, I reckon.

Dementor said...

So its the Peach tree now?

Wtf!?

Barbarosa said...

Peach tree is another word for a girl's anus.