Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today v. Yesterday

Man, sometimes I get lost in my own bellybutton. Do you know what I mean? Take this sorry for example.

BBC Story here.

Which got me thinking about I thought our contemporary society was so much freer and shocking that before. While that may be true for many subjects, I know not of a more provocative album cover than this one:



But then again, we can also compare The Flintstones to South Park...

In a completely different conceptual space, great day for Winter Sun and some bike riding, nay?

5 comments:

Dementor said...

you got that right...

I thought cutting steal pipes at 175 ft deep on a constant air flow helmet was hard core, but this winter biking thing is something else... especially on those summer tires... but adding earphones and music would make it a little to close to suicide for my own good... which is totally tuuuuubular and gnarly and I cant wait to try it!
yahoo! where's my mountain deeeew!

Barbarosa said...

summer tires? ouch.

Dementor said...

Summer tires indeed.
And I'm actually convinced it doesnt change shit in those kind of conditions.
It didnt stop me from going up berri hill tonight in just about 2 minutes longer than usual. Thats after a winter storm and during verglas. Its surprising how easy they can cut through the snow though.
The hard part is when I get on icy car tire tracks. But then I can always rely on God and his bike angels. Winter bike angels, that is.

Barbarosa said...

I was not able to go all the way up Berri.

Napoleon Bonerpants said...

Though I haven't hopped on the winter biking bandwagon, I am free to blast Wintersun and go running in the snow without fear of getting lethally overzealous. I love winter.