Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Faith Restored



I was just about to leave the house for work this morning when I noticed that my bag was missing. A giant "Oh no!" crept over my whole body as I realised that I had left it at La Remise last night. Now normally that wouldn't have been such a big deal, but the severity of the loss of the contents of my favorite Cocotte bag slowly began to dawn on me at work. (which was excruciatingly painful, I might add: filled with Tequila burps and horrible waves of nausea).

Now it wasn't the cool business card holder that I paid too much for that I was worried about. Nor was it the scarf my sister had bought me in Paris, or my $80 headphones. It was my ipod touch. At first I told myself "Oh well, it was just a $400 toy". But then I realised how much was on it: all of my contacts, all my emails directly downloading to it, access to my facebook and every other account I have, and more... Basically, anyone with half a brain who found it could do some serious damage.

So I went to the bar at about 2pm and there was my bag, exactly where I had left it, in plain sight, surrounded by about 10 of the most hard-up people in worn-down clothes, completely drunk (of course). I walked over, opened it up, and everything was exactly where it should be, including a full beer I didn't even know I had. The only damage done was a few scratches on the ipod screen because I fell during a drunken snowball fight on the way to the bar (beer caps and glass make scratches).

Anyways, all this to say that the people not stealing my bag or its contents restored a bit of my faith in humanity. Either that, or I not only have a horseshoe up my ass, but the whole horse, buggy, and driver up there as well. I'm putting an access code on my ipod.

Fucking Tequila.

5 comments:

Dementor said...

I told you la remise was a nice place.

You see, french people are not that bad after all.

Karl Hungus said...

Shut up you stupid freedom-hating frog!

Napoleon Bonerpants said...

I see you haven't yet fully recovered from yesterday's tequila induced assholeness.

Dementor said...

oh oh!

Smells like bitter hung over rage.

Dont worry about me though,I got up at 6:00 p.m and have been eating ever since.

I get a feeling I might be on my way to something of a morbid nature.

Master of the Craw said...

Did someone at least take a picture of their balls with your iPhone? I would have.