Sunday, January 21, 2007

Best Seller!

You lucky dogs, you get an advance peak at what is destined to be a huge best-seller! Yes, I'm talking about the latest Amresh Puri page-turner, Conversations with God: Possibly the worst book you will ever read.



Here's an excerpt:

"Amresh: God?
God: Yes?
Amresh: I need help.
God: Help is what I can do for you.
Amresh: Thank you. And by help, I meant that I need some info...
God: What is it that you seek?
Amresh: I have an idea for a perpetual motion machine based on tying a giant string around a satellite and using that to pull a train around tracks built around the world. You see, as the satellite pulls the train around the world, that motion can be harnessed to create energy, free energy!
God: Get to the point, what's the question?
Amresh: Sorry, I can get carried away sometimes. So here goes, will my idea work?
God: I can only answer that question with a minimum of two parts.
Amresh: I'm all ears.
God: Ok. Your idea will work. But not in the way you intend to. It will work in further alienating you from your friends as they realize that you are losing it.
Amresh: So I shouldn't really tell people about this. Or else.
God: Couldn't have said better.
Amresh: But you're God!
..."

1 comment:

Jobless in January said...

You need to come to my potluck