Friday, July 10, 2009

This dude is your friend! Do not kill him!



Although their ability to run at close to 50 cm/sec. will scare the shit out of your ass, this magnificient product of evolution is a top house predator that will rid your apartment of many parasites. The Scutigère can make 90degree turns and even jump off furnitures. I once tried putting a leash on one I captured but it kept running against it and eventually it lost all of its 30 legs. The poor thing turned into a chenille and never learned to crawl. Scutigère Véloce, remember this name.

7 comments:

Karl Hungus said...

I have tons of them at home. Finally, something to rid my crotch of parasites!!!

Karl Hungus said...

It's also an anthropod, not an insect, so it's the same family as a crab.

Barbarosa said...

Thank you for posting this. They used to creep the fuck out of me, now I love them. No more killing them.

Dementor said...

You love them because of Rammstein, right?

"ASHE, ZU ASHE, UND STOM, ZU STOM."

Barbarosa said...

Hehehe, I've actually never been a fan of Rammstein.

Master of the Craw said...

technically all insects are arthropods but not all arthropods are insects. these things are different classes (chilopoda and insecta). In otherwords centipedes, like arachnids, are not considered to be insects.

/the more you know.

Barbarosa said...

Bousch! Candyman takes one in the FACE!