Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Future of Africa

Reading this article in the Guardian made me think. If recent history, and indeed all of history itself, is any indicator, Africa is in for a hell of a lot problems. More so than we currently attribute to it.

A few years back, I made the prediction that World War III will take place on the African continent. This only goes to confirm my thesis. With nuclear powers competing, direct local wars amongst global powers become rather difficult as the price of victory becomes far too costly to absord. See, Victory, Pyrrhic. Do you really see the US invading China or vice-versa? Or anywhere near their "backyards"?

This new American policy only adds fuel to the fire. It has become inexorable that a major conflit between world powers explodes there.



Considering my interpretation of the situation, and my human selfishness, I can only hope it does not happen in my lifetime.

1 comment:

Dementor said...

I like my brains cold.