Sunday, October 19, 2008

I lived a childhood dream

One of the only good things to have come out of the early nineties.



For at least a decade, I was convinced that Evil Elvis had reached his fat Elvis stage. I was convinced that I would never get to see a live event similar to that In the Mother 93 video (yes, that was 15 years ago). But I was there, up front at the fence, rockin' out with glenn in a small concert hall. And he made sure to sing the old stuff. His voice was as good as ever, too. I forgot for a moment that this was 2008 and that I wasn't 13. Last night, a man in his fifties reminded me that you're never too old to revel in self destruction.

Oh yeah, and I got my nose slightly broken by a reverse head butt when these guys were on.



And consumed more alcohol than I ever thought possible without tipping over.

All in all, one of the greatest and wildest nights. Not bad for an impromptu evening. This is luck paying me back for that botched Guns n' Metallica concert I went to in '92.  :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent.

For once you make us proud.

Getting your nose broken at 29while attending a show you wished to see at 12 is worthy of the best of us.

Although I do wish you were more careful in your attempts to outshine us. These reverse headbutts, when performed by small&jumpy headbangers, can be fatal. If that is the way you intended to go, then I dont know if you should still be congratulated for failing such a perfect opportunity for eternal mediocre naziism recognition. My brethren! This is a case requiring further study for our order: since failing is our ultimate goal, is failing at mediocrity still to be frowned upon?

Dementor said...

He didnt fail at mediocrity, he succeeded at not being mediocre!

Which is the worst crime of all!

Lets kill his cat I say! Kill his cat before his eyes! And then fail to make a coat out of its pelt! Show him what we mean! ARRRRGGG!

Anonymous said...

My muscles feel like burnt rubber.

Napoleon Bonerpants said...

Touch my cat and I'll reverso headbutt you

Barbarosa said...

29 years ago something came out of your mother. that thing was you.

Master of the Craw said...

Damn, now I wish I could have gone. I need a rich patron to pay for everything.

Karl Hungus said...

You guys have issues if you think that a good night revolves around a sweaty shirtless guy named Glen yelling at you. Actually, I think it's just one issue. Does Glen host personal shows in your closets?

TELL YOUR CHILDREN NOT TO WALK MY WAY!!!!

Awesome. You lucky bastard.