Sunday, August 10, 2008

Haters Can @#$% Themselves

Look, I'm obviously biased, but nonetheless, I made an effort towards impartiality.

In the previous post's comments, Napoleon asked whether I prefered having the Pontiac Silverdome or the Montreal Olympic Stadium destroyed by a wayward tornado. I wikipedia'd both, and well the Big O had a nice pick; unfortunetaly, the Silverdome had a shitty pic. So, in the effort of fairness, I googleimaged ''Pontiac Silverdome''. This was the best pic I could find:



WIthout bothering to google it, I simply took a nice pic off the Wikipedia article on the Montreal Olympic Stadium:



Now, we could call it case closed, but we won't. This is the royal we.

There is no doubt that the Big Owe picture, through its poetry of colours and composition, is much richer. However its very architecture is by far more inspiring. It's a masterpiece, to put it simply.

In fact, going on a limb, I would say that the very fact that there are much better pictures of the Montreal Olympic Stadium than of the Pontiac Silverdome showcases the fact that it is a better looking building by several orders of magnitude. It's actually like comparing Harvey's to L'Eau à la bouche.

Or like a McMansion:



To Neuschwanstein:



I am open to arguments discussing the size of the hugeness between the Silverdome the Olympic Stadium. As to those who wish to argue that they are the same, I believe the Russians say it best:

''Give me break pliss.''

8 comments:

Dementor said...

You had sex with a Russian?
You little weasel you!

Napoleon Bonerpants said...

I was asking Dildo if he would prefer the Silverdome. I was actually defending your view of the Big Oh. Silverdome's ugly as shit. I know, I've been inside.

Master of the Craw said...

Well, let me ask you this: would you prefer to date a pretty girl that was really high maintenance, constantly broke down and barely seemed to do what's she supposed to do (i.e. touch your pipi) or would you prefer to go out with a more balanced but somewhat plainer girl who doesn't require you to put millions into her just to keep her functional?

Barbarosa said...

how old am i in this hypothetical question?

Master of the Craw said...

old enough to know better?

Barbarosa said...

Hmmm, I asked the wrong question. How long am I going out with said girl?

Master of the Craw said...

let's just say, once you've made your decision it's going to take you decades to undo it, like the real big-o

Barbarosa said...

Silverdome it is then.