Monday, August 25, 2008

The Gym

All right let me set something straight here. I was reading Bikesnob and laughing at the irony and shit when suddenly I fell upon a post where Bikesnob is laughing at a fixed gear jock (which is what I'm trying to be, because of the hype and all, dont try to understand, its ironic) who was posing in a gym with his bike and showing off shirtless and looking like a total fucking shiteater. Anyways, Bikesnob said people who patronize the gym are not intellectually endowed enough to understand and use irony. Now thats not fair. I know perfectly well what irony is, I've heard that song about 23 458 times on the radio, and I know how different it is from sarcasm. Yes, I've been known to visit the Gym from now and then. And the reason why I've continuously subjected myself to this very dubious habit is quite simple. I was born in 1979.
I was raised during the macho years. The Testo decade. The Mucho Macho times.
And my best friends were these guys.








Figure it out for yerself.

7 comments:

Dementor said...

On another subject, I wonder how long Dave will fight the urge to read this blog again. I also wonder how long he will fight the urge to lick an elderly man's face with a mouthfull of catfood of the moisty kind.

Master of the Craw said...

we have no way to measure such short spans of time.

incidentally, i'd totally go gay for adam west. how could you not?

Anonymous said...

i thought they were fixy nerds, but it's true that there is a lot of jockiness about it too... man this is all getting so confusing! i don't know what's cool anymore and it makes me realize that i'm getting old!!!

yo! just the other week i was talking to an 18 year old girl who had no idea who BLUR were and had never heard "girls & boys"!!!!!!!

Barbarosa said...

Shit, I danced to that song at a fashion show, dressed as a woman! At CEGEP!

Dementor said...

...




(why are you telling?)

Master of the Craw said...

I overheard an argument at some event I had to work at the other day and these two 18 year olds were arguing over which new teen idol was singing a particular song... It was Janis Joplin. How can you possibly get that wrong? Similarly I walked into a store the other day and two youngin's couldn't recognize a song from Nevermind (they thought it was The Hives playing for some reason). But then, I was never an especially cool person to begin with.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Paint It Black the new Killers track? Its dope.