Monday, August 18, 2008

60th Anniversary

This may or may not be the Diamond anniversary. Regardless, my grand-parents celebrated it this weekend.



I did the math, and even if I got married tomorrow (say in Las Vegas) it is almost mathematically impossible for me to achieve such a feat:

my age: 29
29 + 60 = 89
Life expectancy for a Canadian male (2002 stats): 77.2 years
Add in my diet and various other habits and I start to get the point.

I won't be celebrating a diamond anniversary.

And as I like to say: ''If you can't celebrate a diamond anniversary once in your life, don't get out of bed.''

1 comment:

Dementor said...

Your problem is you've been checking out the fresh out of the womb newborn baby mortality table, which as you so cleverly pointed out gives out a life expectancy of 77.2 years for the canadian male. Unfortunately, the table for the man who's eaten a lifetime supply of german sausages and drinken the equivalent of the lake Superior's worth of beer by the age of 30 would rather point out to a life expectancy of 5.7. Tis of course the table you should have referred to. Now you should get moving and marry that little girl of yours or you'll miss your chance to celebrate your 5th wedding anniversary, better known as the "make or break" anniversary.