Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My inner child almost died today.

The only thing that kept it alive was my imaginary monkey friend. But man, was it a close one.



I went to the "Adult Swim" website to watch some Metalocolypse videos when they hit me with a video ad. It was an ad for the US Navy about doing your duty and fighting the fight, complete with slow-motion macho scenes and shots of grunts with their faces painted. The thing is, it was narrated by the voice of Optimus Prime.



This was just too much for me. Optimus Prime!!! The voice of reason and all that is good!!! Then I got to thinking about the Michael Bay movie which was basically an ad for the military and for GM. Then I got to thinking about how many people I know that are lawyers, and... *sniff* *sniff* well... you get the point.

2 comments:

Master of the Craw said...

wait, you can watch their videos? everytime i go it says that those videos cannot be seen by the likes of us canadians.

and sadly proxy servers don't work.

:(

Barbarosa said...

That screen shot of optimus prime is absolutely priceless!