Monday, March 3, 2008

Form Meets Function

I guess this is good timing. I got to my computer with this post already in mind. Turns out it perfectly coincides as the polar opposite of the Hawaian Chair.

Peep this.

Often we hear of dichotomy of function and design. Talking about this ranks right up there with ''What is art?'', ''What IS art?'', ''What is ART?''.

Don't say it. I know that writing about it in a blog is only worse. Nonetheless, I breached the subject because I have recently acquired an object that bridges the divide. Sort of like the iPod, only in a pedal. A clipless pedal. Those are the ones for cycling shoes.

Normal pedal:


Now, say hello to Crank Brothers' Eggbeater:



My babies are in rust resistant stainless steel! The functional advantage of this design is low weight, excellent mud (snow) shedding, easy cleat engagement, great clearance, and other stuff that you don't care about.

Also available is a top-notch titanium version:



But I don't have 425$ to spend on pedals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't you spend a little extra on the full ti version?

idiot

Karl Hungus said...

I CLAIM THIS POST IN THE NAME OF DAVELANDIA!!!

Dementor said...

are you using a bot?