Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tilt-Shift

There's a really amazing effect you can achieve with video these days. It's called Tilt-Shift. It's pretty cool. It makes everything look like little train model accessories. I like it for two reasons.

1- It looks really awesome.
2- I find it distances the viewer so much from the subject that you're able to see humans for the industrial little microbes that they are, swarming around the planet's surface like little robot-building ants.

The Sandpit from Sam O'Hare on Vimeo.



This is one of the better ones I've seen. There are some other jewels out there if your up for looking.

Later.

3 comments:

Barbarosa said...

the perpetrators of the crap we hear should be banned from music for ever.

Karl Hungus said...

Seriously. I just muted it and put my own music on. I guess I should have warned about that.

Wall ball!!!

Napoleon Bonerpants said...

That made me feel like a lumbering sluggish giant.