Sunday, June 15, 2008

Spore creature creator hitting soon.

I know i've sort of mentioned this to people before and I think nobody knew what the fuck I was talking about but here are some videos of people using the creature creator (which is a demo, the full version of the entire game will be much more extensive and interesting).

this is the one I made:







and this is what jumpstarted the whole thing 2 or 3 years ago now:



edit:

i just found this one:



screw this, just read this thread if you have a few hours to waste. there are some gems there, like a winged bratwurst on page 2.

5 comments:

Dementor said...

Where is this demo available and can we have our creatures fight each other?
How does it work? Is there programming involved?
Do I need to know DirectX functions?
I want to know I want to know tellmetellmetellme

Master of the Craw said...

here's
a little background on Spore. this is just a demo so we can't have our creatures fight each other yet but part of the meta game is space exploration and at that point we can visit each other's planets and either be friendly or kill each other. it's explained more clearly in the really long GDC demo.

the editor itself was designed for anyone to use. there's no programming involved, no need to know anything about computers really.

you can download it directly from here but you will need a torrent program to download it. I recommend uTorrent.
otherwise you can get it from the official site as of monday.

Dementor said...

I cant believe I'm putting Devastator aside to create a Spore.

Because of Dildo T. Baggins.

It cant be happening.

What the fuck does the T. stand for.

As if I give a shit.

At this point you might just tell me anyways.

Dementor said...

For your information, Dildo Baggins who translate in french to : Godemichet Sacquets.

Barbarosa said...

Can you make your spores spooge? 'Cause that would be gross. Yet awesome.