Monday, November 23, 2009

Hmm.. Better...

I don't have cable at home so on many occasions I end up watching politicians yell at each other in the National Assembly. I have to admit that it's been an emotional rollercoaster. I've had a few laughs, got pissed, and even yelled "right on!".



I don't like the Liberals too much under Charest, but I do like his environment minister, Line Beauchamp. She's got a good head on her shoulders and is a good fighter (not to mention that being a woman in that room full of bullies and babies is no easy task). I also believe Quebec should seperate, but in a Quebec Solidaire type of way - Go Amir Khadir! Yel le le le le ayi ayi ayi *gunshot* *gunshot*

Anyways, I'm totally rambling but I just wanted to mention that Quebec isn't following Harper in his "Do nothing despite what the world is telling me" attitude. I'm glad to live in a province that is willing to take things into it's own hands. I guess it's not so bad being a minority in a minority after all.

---

Québec fixe sa cible de réduction des gaz à effet de serre à 20 % d'ici 2020 par rapport à 1990.

Le premier ministre Jean Charest a confirmé cet objectif lundi, lors d'un discours devant le Conseil des relations internationales de Montréal.

Son gouvernement s'était engagé à prendre position avant la conférence internationale de Copenhague, au Danemark, qui doit avoir lieu du 7 au 18 décembre prochain.

Lors de consultations préliminaires, la ministre de l'Environnement, Line Beauchamp, avait suggéré quatre scénarios de réduction des gaz à effets de serre: 10 % par rapport à 1990, 12 %, 15 % comme le préconise l'Ontario, ou 20 % à l'image des pays européens.

M. Charest a souligné qu'en réduisant les émissions de 20 %, le Québec émettra huit tonnes de gaz à effet de serre par habitant, comparativement à neuf tonnes pour l'Europe.

Ce scénario est toutefois en deçà des objectifs recommandés par les Nations unies, soit une réduction de 25 % à 40 % d'ici 2020.

Radio-Canada.ca avec
Presse canadienne
Source

5 comments:

Dementor said...

Liberals are a bunch of crooks.
We should burn them and crucify their ashes.

Dementor said...

And you're not a minority.
You're a majority in a minority.

Karl Hungus said...

How is being an anglophone in Quebec considered a majority?

Dementor said...

D'uh!

I'm not gonna dignify this.

Karl Hungus said...

Please do.