Monday, June 22, 2009

Iran

I guess you guys have been following the events happening in Iran. I wanted to get a non-Western viewpoint, so I headed over the Al-Jazeera English.

From there I followed a link to this site called Mashable where they had 10 incredible YouTube videos, as they called them.



I watched the first 3 and they were pretty intense. Then my perversity and curiousity jumped a few to watch the one called

''9. June 20: Wounded Girl Dying [GRAPHIC CONTENT]

WARNING: The following video is very graphic, disturbing, and involves the death of an Iranian woman.

DO NOT WATCH unless you feel capable AND are old enough.''

To which I was like ''Pshaw, that's just blog marketing, how bad can it be?''

The answer is that although I love the Bernard blog for its openness and laissez-faire attitude, I could not bring myself to embed the video. C'est bouleversant. It made me sick inside. Sorry to dump this on you, but I had to get it off my chest.

5 comments:

Master of the Craw said...

you're the kind of person who will go and touch a bench even though it's clearly labeled "wet paint"
you're such a non-conformist.

Barbarosa said...

And that's why you love me

Master of the Craw said...

I watched the video. Jesus, that's horrible. It made me feel all sorts of sad on the inside. And sadly I've actually seen worse on the internet. Much much worse.
I think I've been entirely desensitized.

Dementor said...

Say what you will, I think the MotoX Goons are pretty cool.
I wonder which one I'd be, the driver or the matraqueur.
Hmm... tough choice.
Thinking about it, Grands-Mains's got a MotoX! I can't wait to ride Matraque with him.

Master of the Craw said...

we should totally have Motox battles. Like joust only funnier.