Monday, February 18, 2008

Kosovo : A Bad Start

Empathic congratulations to those who wanted Kosovo to become independant.
Empathic 'life sucks' to those who did not want it to become independant.
Empathic 'how about them Habs?!' to those (like myself) who don't really care.

However, I must hasten to add that it seems to me like the Kosovan people are making a HUGE mistake.

You might have seen the news on the TV and seen images of crowds waving really cool looking flags. This one:



That would be the flag of Albania. And it's not too far fetched for them to wave it as Kosovo is a predominantly ethnic Albanian place. What I don't get is why they then turn around and choose this flag as their new standard:



Dude, how can you go from a top-ten flag to some shitty lame-o design. It looks like it was done by a grade-schooler. And it makes me think of Cyprus. I don't know what the flag of Cyprus looks like, but I assume it must be similarly uninspiring.

Wait, let me go find out.

***

Yup, I was right.



The only that flag is inspiring me to do is to insult it down in a blog.

Stupid flag.

I guess they went to the same flag school as non-Québec Canadian provinces did.

5 comments:

Karl Hungus said...

Yeah, but the Albanian flag makes it seem like the entire nation is made up of orcs or something. It's aggressive as hell.

Dementor said...

I really dont see what's aggressive about it.
I mean, Elvis drinking a milkshake seems everything but aggressive to me.

Karl Hungus said...

Ohhhhhhh.... I get it... because it's like an ink blot.

douche.

Alexandre Paré said...

seriously, the other province's flags are like bad business cards...
"here's my card... as a matter of fact, yes, i made it myself, why? you know, i like to dabble with photoshop in my spare time.... you wanna go out tonight? i'm going to meet some friends at that bar at the mall."

the racist albanian flag looks cool though... what is it with right-wingers? they got style man!

Anonymous said...

rite ringers for evah!