Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tri This Challenge!

Hey youze guys!

I came across this event



I thought of you. I'm seriously considering doing it. Yup, a triathlon. Note for people with misplaced pride: I'm well aware it's not an Ironman.

In any case, I think it's a good reason to get in shape and it looks quite feasible to me. I mean, the equivalent of 30 laps of swimming, about an hour of cycling and 12 1/2 laps of running put together is definately a challenge, but a feasible challenge.


Who's in?

And for those of us whose swimming talents mimic those of a rock or rowboat with a single oar, there is the Duathlon. Note for single people trying to pick up: doing a triathlon is much sexier than doing a duathlon.

More info.

5 comments:

Master of the Craw said...

I used to swim quite a bit at the Y but I haven't in such a long time I'm not sure I'll be up to it... not to mention 750 k... is that number right? that seems to be a bit much...
20 k is the distance from here to the plateau and back. 5 k jogging is about from here to loyola and back... all doable, just not in one shot.

Dementor said...

thats 750 meters, ya airhead!

Master of the Craw said...

well, it's not like I was confusing matthew broderick with matt leblanc.

Barbarosa said...

You're right, it's more like you were confusing Jack Black with Scarlett Johanson

Barbarosa said...

You're right, it's more like you were confusing Jack Black with Scarlett Johansson