Wednesday, September 3, 2008

On a serious note.

Ok, so I've finally found a form of politics that I not only believe in, but that is actually effective.

I've always hated petitions. Rather, I've always hated the people who stop me on the street to sign petitions. This is because for the most part, they are unrealistic or absurd. What the fuck do I care that puppies are going hungry in Peru!?! Fuck em'! Puppies are all cute until you have to start picking up their shit. And if they don't eat, they don't shit...

But I digress...Anyways, about 6 months ago I signed a petition through AVAAZ.org. I did it because I thought the issue was pertinent and I wanted to see how effective an online organization dedicated to taking action could be. It was the only petition I had ever signed that ever made a difference, until I started signing more with them. These guys are actually making huge headway in terms of social change and global unity (sorry it sounds so cheesy). I know some of you already know the site, but if you don't, I suggest you check it out.




Check out their campaigns page

8 comments:

Dementor said...

The problem I've got with petitions is I dont get what they're for in the first place. So what if you've got all these names on a list? I dont know of any list of names that helped win any kind of battle.

"Stop you warmongering fiends! You cannot massacre our earth anymore! I've got a list of names here that'll make sure of that."

Anonymous said...

jmo?

Anonymous said...

what?

Anonymous said...

are you sleeping?

Anonymous said...

yes!

Anonymous said...

oh... cause I had this last rubber I didnt use...

Anonymous said...

Finally! I thought you'd never ask!
quick, get the mayo, I'll grab the gerbils!

Dementor said...

stop you disgusting fiends!
you cannot do this to those poor little animals! I've got a list of name here that'll make sure of that.